Let's Talk About Lips

This summer has been full of the trend of the brighter the lip color the better. Unfortunately, I have not joined this train of crazy bright colors, but I will be reviewing my favorite looks and how this trend has been done correctly. It takes a keen eye to pick the perfect color for a specific skin shade and overall tone allowing the person to have a put together look. I will be posting some links to pictures to show you what I am talking about.
(All of the images are from Google, none of them are mine.)


To start out strong, Alexis Bledel looks absolutely stunning with this hot pink lipstick. The color suits her skin tone and makes her blue eyes pop. She makes her lip color the focal point of her face by sticking to a simple face makeup look. This is a job well done from my perspective.


Next is the always stunning, Lauren Conrad. Lauren also wears the hot pink lip with simple face makeup, but she went for a bronzed look which helps to make the lip color seem appear to be her summer go to. Another thumbs up from me.


This model wears a bright coral lipstick. As I said before it depends completely on the skin tone as to which shade will look best. She pulls this color off flawlessly. Her eye makeup looks clean and shows off her distinct facial features. I don't think I would be able to pull off this coral lip personally, but I think this model is a great example of doing a bright lipstick color correctly.



Although I will probably stick to my usual lip products which are lighter pinks and neutrals I have enjoyed this summer's trend of bright, bold colored lips!

XOXO, Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment