Drybar Products

Recently I went into Sephora and spent entirely too much, but what's new about that? I've never tried Drybar products before, but I read fabulous reviews and decided to try some out. I started with the VIP Pack which includes the Detox dry shampoo, Southern Belle volumizing mousse, and Money Maker flexible hold hairspray. The VIP Pack is $25 and it comes with these three products in the travel sizes (which are also good if you are not sure how you feel about the products yet). Another note about the pack, individually the three products range from $20 to $25 each so if you don't end up liking it you just wasted money you could have spent on another beauty product you've been eyeing.

Anyways let's get down to it, what did I think of these three products?

Drybar Detox dry shampoo: Honestly, the first time I used it I got so excited. It added volume and texture to my hair while absorbing all of the oil in my hair. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only did it keep my hair from looking greasy all day, but my hair smelled great after using it! I have not tried using the dry shampoo as overnight product yet so I will try that soon. I recommend this dry shampoo if you are looking to keep your second day hairstyle and too keep your look fresh if you have super oily hair (like myself).

Drybar Southern Belle volumizing mousse: I have never used a mousse in my life. I haven't found the need to try out mousse. My first experience was pleasant. Although I do not really have anything to compare it to, I did find it brought volume to my hair which never has a downside. I recommend this volumizing mousse if you would like to achieve more volume or are looking to try out a new mousse. I am sorry I do not have more to say about this product, but I will keep working with it and get back to y'all.

Drybar Money Maker flexible hold hairspray: First off, holy cow! I love, love, love this hairspray. Unless I decide to tease my hair, I don't use a flexible hold hairspray (I use the CHI Helmet Head hairspray for when I tease my hair). With the Drybar hairspray I started using it after I styled my hair for the day to complete the look.  My hair remained styled all day without the hard or crusty feeling associated with stronger hold hairsprays. I HIGHLY recommend this hairspray if you are looking for a new more flexible hold hairspray!

Overall, I was genuinely happy with my first Drybar product experience and I will most likely return to Sephora to pick up the full bottle sizes of the Detox dry shampoo and Money Maker hairspray.

Another Drybar product I am eager to try is the Hot Toddy Heat Protector Frizz Fighter. I have heard great things about the product and hope to find a sample size of the product somewhere! Let me know if you have tried the Hot Toddy before and what you thought in the comments below.

Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful if you are looking at beginning to use Drybar products. It is worth the money!

XOXO, Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment