In with the New

Recently I have been trying out a handful of new products in the hope of finding the perfect combination of makeup for school. From brow pencils to nail polish I have been scouring Walgreens, Target, Ulta, and Sephora for products that are easy to use, long lasting, and reliable. Here are a few I have found work to meet my specifications. I will put links to the products below the review of my experience!

First, the widely talked about Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil. I purchased this product in the color caramel. The packaging is long and skinnier than an actual pencil. However, with the length it is easy to tell there is a lot of the product squeezed in there. One side of the pencil is a slender twistable brow pencil that with it small size seems reassuring on the accuracy of filling in your brows. The other side has a spoolie which is extremely convenient to have to brush up your eyebrows as you are applying the product. I have found after using the product almost everyday to live up to the hype. The color is highly pigmented, a good match for me, the pencil is smear-proof (just as the description says), and overall a high quality brow pencil. The Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil is around $21 which may seem to be a bit pricey for an eyebrow pencil, but I have yet to find another product that compares!




The next product I discovered was the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain. I purchased this product in the color lovesick which is a bright pink with blue undertones. The balm stain compares almost to a lip crayon, but the formula makes the stain seem smoother during application. I have gone to this product on days when I am looking to brighten up my face with a lip color without a full on lipstick. The only downside I have found is that I have had to reapply the lip color throughout the day, but not as often as I would have to if I have chosen a gloss. This balm stain makes me feel confident when I am wearing it which is another factor I find important in beauty products. The Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain is about $10. The packaging is adorable and I have used this product a handful of times and it does not appear to run out quickly so this should last me a while.




A hair product I have discovered which will be perfect for college, that I have already talked about on here is the Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo. In college, I hate to say, I probably won't get the opportunity to get up and shower before every  early morning class I have and I won't always want to throw on a baseball cap. I have tried about 4 different dry shampoos from different stores and I have yet to find one that makes me feel like all of the oil in my hair has been absorbed. I had not tried the original Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo and orginially intended on getting the one for brunettes, but the kind ladies in Sephora said it would probably be too dark of a tint for my hair color. I have tried the Batiste Dry Shampoo for Brunettes* so I knew what to expect with the tinted spray, but when I tested out the Drybar version for brunettes I knew I should just stick to the original Detox formula because, in fact, it was much too dark. I am happy with my purchase and the formula is great! There is no sticky or wet feeling after you spray your hair and that's what I was looking for. The Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo is around $20. If you are looking for a high-end dry shampoo this would be a good go to. Also if you are dragging your feet about spending that much you can get the $25 Drybar VIP Pack which has not only the Detox Dry Shampoo, but the Money Maker hairspray and the Southern Belle volumizing mousse.





*Please note that the Batiste Dry Shampoo for Brunettes is my second favorite dry shampoo out of the handful I have tried! It is around $12.

Let's get down to talking about body smell. Yes, I'm talking about perfume. I was not been too adventurous in the perfume department throughout my years in high school. I mainly used Victoria's Secret body mists which come in a huge variety so they are great to try out too, but I never had a signature scent or spent money on actual perfume. I started looking for a scent to call my own for college, you know because I am obviously so grown up now (Haha). Basically I looked for something clean smeeling. That is when I found the Marc Jacobs Honey perfume! I bought the rollerball version because I was trying out a couple different fragrances, but the Marc Jacobs won by a long shot! This floral scent will leave you fresh and the best part is you can take it with you to smell clean all day!




Comment below some new products you have been trying out lately!

XOXO,
Kelsey


No comments:

Post a Comment