Summer in Review

This summer has gone by much too fast for my liking. I just said goodbye to one of my best friends as she leaves for her college that is about five hours away (I already miss her). To say the least, my summer leading up to college has been one of transitions. Many of these transitions are bittersweet, but some are exciting!

As I get ready to move into school next week here are a few things I have absolutely adored this summer.




As I am sure you have seen on my Instagram, this summer I invested in a pair of orange and white monogram Jack Rogers. I am 100% obsessed with these shoes. This is my fifth and probably, sadly, my last pair of Jack Rogers I will buy because the amount I have is getting excessive (Haha).



http://www.yankeecandle.com/detail/early-sunrise/1173567

This Early Sunrise candle has been burning in my room for a long time (I'm trying to make it last as long as possible). It is such a refreshing smell and takes over the entire room. Yankee Candle may or may not sell Early Sunrise in stores anymore, but you can order it offline!



Initially I bought the Stila Smudge Pot in the color Kitten in April. I used it here and there, but never really tried anything crazy with it. This summer I have been using it a ton! It is a great way to create a long lasting eye look if you apply a little of the gel like shadow before powder shadow. I chose kitten because it is a nude/ champagne color which looks good with my skin tone. I recommend this as a starter color too if you've never used a smudge pot before!


http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/got-2b-guardian-angel-gloss-finish-flat-iron-balm/ID=prod6016159-product

Unfortunately I did not find the Got 2b Guardian Angel Gloss Finish flat iron balm until close to the end of the summer. However, I generally don't apply heat to my hair unless I am getting ready to go somewhere or dressing up in the summer. Previously I had been using the Tresemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray and bought this product when I ran out. I can already tell the difference! This heat protector seems lighter once sprayed (personally I spray it on my hand then apply to my roots and ends off hair). Also I prefer the smell of the Got 2b over Tresemmé. The Got2b Guardian Angel can be found at Walgreens and I don't think I will be using anything other heat protectors for a while!

Do you have any items you've been using over this summer that you adore? Leave them in the comments below!

XOXO, Kelsey



No comments:

Post a Comment